The cross game is amazing in Destiny 2: Only in PVP all bad prejudices have been confirmed

Destiny 2 has finally enabled the cross-platform cross game since season 15. Our author of Destiny, Philipp Hansen, is surprised and, despite fear, even dared to enter the PC lobbies as a console player. How did that end?

This feature is finally here: At Destiny 2, season 15, the season of forgotten, started on August 24, 2021. Among other things, brought a new history, new and exotic weapons and adequate balance adjustments For the guardians. Another point to note is finally the cross game.

Thanks to the cross game, the players can finally save the universe on all platforms. It does not matter if a guardian plays on its old PS4 or in the new PS5, the other Google Stadia colleague joins and the next one is on the PC (Steam).

That worried: all are in the same world of Destiny to play together, but also to fight each other. The cross game provides great opportunities, but it also frightened many guardians even before their launch. Especially the part of fighting other PVP platforms immediately evokes thoughts of unfair advantages through other entry devices or fears of cheat.

I immersed myself in the world of networks and I want to give you my first impressions of the cross game.

Whose opinion you are reading here? Philipp Hansen has been playing Destiny since 2014. In both series, more than 3,000 hours have passed together. I only started in PS4 and I have been at PlayStation 5 since 2021. Since 2019, it has taken care of the franchise intensively as a specialized author for you in Destiny. Also in the private life of him, he still collects exotic products or weapons tested in the crucible.

Old friends gathered in a new season of Destiny 2

I must say it immediately: the cross game works very well in PVE, congratulations to Bungie. The guardians are accustomed to many errors and problems, especially at the beginning of a season, but the interaction with the guardians on all possible platforms was fluent.

In the game, you practically do not feel if a player is on his own platform or comes from a completely different system. Anyone who expects pulls and constant shocks will be pleasantly surprised.

In my case, the cross game joined me old comrades of the guardians who were out for a long time but were never forgotten. We lost the trail because some took a rest of Destiny, others changed the console to the PC, probably you know it.

Previously they assaulted together, now also through platforms.

This little change surprised me: Bungie announced even before the season 15 that the cross game would be improved little by little. The functions that are missing, such as multiplatform communication, should be sent later.

Because just at the beginning of Crossplay you had to spend a lot of time chatting with your Guardian friends about Discord; After all, you can not invite people from Xbox Xenos or PC to the internal PlayStation parties. Just a week after the launch of the function, Bungie sent a crossplay voice chat without much fanfare. And the quality is surprisingly good.

The change almost hidden really surprised me. Because without much notice, the voices of 2 Friends of Steam came out of me ... PS5 controller. At first I did not know if a superior power was making contact with me, because until now I've only been using my headphones to talk, not Sony's dual sense.

I screamed: The PC are fucked cheats in PVP!

Like many other Konsolers, I was very concerned about the balance between custodians with mouse and keyboard and controller's slow users. Besides that, the concern came, because the acquaintances only play cheats on the PC and each round is decided not to skill, but with unpleasant tricks.

This was also crucible with CrossPlay - Day 1:

  • What you think? The round went wrong like a cliché. I was the only controlling player in the lobby and my keyboard partner and I faced a full team of 6 with 4 Randoms. Saladino interrupted the round early because it was clearly 10 to 75.
  • In the second round, the same game: Again against a great team that was never lost, he won all the duels and I felt that it had only been the doorman since today and not for 7 years, but at that time I won the no forget it. , Dammit!
  • My judgment was clear: Everything is deceptive on the PC! I screamed that strong in the headphones and discarded PVP with disappointed Crossplay. It is clear that whatever it is better than you have to be a cheat, that's a wisdom wisdom.

Guardian against guardian is not always fair.

I had made 2 mistakes, of course: I went too rushed with my judgment and I also forgot that we were playing Eisenbanner in PVP. From Destiny 1, The Guardian has known that the Iron Standard is not a standard. The connection is often questionable in event mode, you dominate hard or yourself is dominated a lot and things do not always go well.

This was also crucible with CrossPlay - Day 2:

  • The next day, my PC partner of the day before and another colleague of PC of the old days persuaded me from making a cross-gambling deviation to Eisenbanner. Apparently it is never so bad - Well, PVP has a more attempt against mouse players.
  • Once again, I was the only user of the controller in pure lobbies of M & K (Mouse and Keyboard).
  • Behold, in the first round I finished first in the classification.
  • The following rounds were played as a normal PVP: Sometimes you shave, sometimes you shave.

But what really caught my attention: the amendment. In PlayStation I also experience that the opponents punish, that is, they move forward and backward while shooting. But on the PC, the opposite movement was 2 levels faster and the enemies were practically causing.

But thanks to the aiming assistant, I was able to take countermeasures pretty well. This aid for aiming is also available on the PC in Destiny 2, but whoever uses a driver has more aiming and, in addition, a stickiness of the sights.

The time is finished to make traps in Destiny 2: This is the new protection against traps

It is still too early for a final conclusion and it is likely that essays that are about to start are the great challenge here. But I can only encourage everyone to try luck in the PC lobbies. Do not shout cheat as I do.

Disable the cross game in Destiny 2 for the crucible?

This is what you need to know about energy production: If you play PVE content as attacks or you are with guardians at the spacious patrol areas, you are dealing with players from all possible platforms. You can always see on the menu below Task Force the symbol on which platform are other players at home.

In PVP and Gambit looks different. Even if you do crossed game, Destiny will automatically divide the lobbies:

How To Add Cross-Play Friends And Invite Friends Using Cross-play Destiny 2 - Find Bungie Name * PC players (STEAM) always remain among them in the crucible and gambito by default. * The Guardians of PS4, PS5, Xbox One and X / S and Google Stadia series are joined in a group. * If you deactivate the cross game on the menu, you will really only meet the guardians of your own platforms. * As a console player, you can only compete against PC Guardians if you are on a predesigned team with a PC player. Even if you have 5 guardians in consoles and a guardian on the PC on the computer, always end up in the PC lobbies, says Bungie. * Osiris tests play an additional role: according to Bungie, the cross game must be activated in order to participate in the exams (through bungie.net).

Therefore, you do not have to worry about that you, like an innocent konolero, end up in a lobby formed by malicious PC people who ruin their day with their Aim God skills.

More opinions from Philipp in Destiny:

  • All in Destiny 2 complain about the lack of content, I say: Get rid of it!
  • Even if they laugh at me, I stay with my exotic favorite
  • Destiny 2 is too easy, give me challenges again, Bungie!

Crossplay has returned to strongly make the most powerful weapon for only guardians

The complementary application is so good now: With the launch of CrossPlay, Bungie also updated the official complementary application. The most important biogas function was defective for a long time. You can find teammates through the application, but you can not invite them directly to the team.

Since season 15, it has finally run correctly and better than before. Because the search for players now is also a cross-game. In seconds, I create a working group, I choose exactly the desired activity of a large list (such as dungeon, twilight or cruculus) lists. The players of the most diverse platforms join me as quickly, so far without any problem.

Even if, like me, it usually enters does not need microphone - kwtd (you do not need headphones, you should only know what to do) and, for example, venture to a dungeon with strangers while relaxing and looking at Netflix, it works very well. I also like to use the tool to just look for a missing player if the list of friends is empty, it even works very well for incursions.

If you have an opinion about Destiny 2 yourself, you are also familiar with the news situation, you would like to be part of the Destiny team, we have an offer for you here: Destiny is looking for an author (M / F / D) in the Destiny Central Office 2

Comments